Saturday 13 November 2010

What, when and why

Running the London Marathon has long been on my 'bucket list', and as I entered my thirties at the beginning of the year (how did that happen?) I realised it was something that was likely to be easier to achieve sooner rather than later. Cheering on a number of friends in the 2010 race inspired me further, and so it was that I found myself contacting MSRC to ask about their charity places for 2011.

MSRC (Multiple Sclerosis Resource Centre) is a charity that is very close to my heart. It provides support to those affected by multiple sclerosis, a disease that we have direct experience of in the family. It does this by providing unbiased information and advice, with a particularly useful 24-hour telephone counselling line.

MSRC is not a large charity, and the marathon is hugely important to them, and is their biggest fundraising event of the year. I have pledged to raise at least £2,000 for them, and I would appreciate it hugely if you could donate what you can. The easiest way to do this is at my Virgin Money Giving site (there is a link on the right). This also allows you to easily add the gift aid.

I am intending to update this blog regularly as I undertake the training and fundraising, so check back to see how I am getting on.

Tanya x

No comments:

Post a Comment