Thursday 24 February 2011

A weekend in Ireland

Irish landscape

So, way back in August 2010 a group of us won a castle in Ireland for the weekend. Clearly this is awesome, but once we booked the date I also realised that it was going to be slap bang in the middle of marathon training. So yeah, I got up and ran 16 miles around the Irish countryside having hosted a party for 30 the night before. And then we hosted another party for 30 that night, with black tie and masks. I don't think I drank enough water.

So the moral of the story is, take your trainers with you and get on with it. It probably won't be as bad as you thought, and hopefully you will have someone there crazy enough to be running the marathon too (thank you Gemma). I also recommend walkjogrun.net, without whom we would never have found this route, which was very picturesque. It was also quite hilly.

Best run: the above mentioned 16 miles. I think that is the furthest I have ever run.

Worst run: the dreaded track session again. 600m at 10k pace, 400m at 5k pace, 200m at 3k pace. Repeat 4-5 times, with 2 min recovery. Killer (and the girls wimped out on the 5th repeat).

No comments:

Post a Comment